Wednesday 4 August 2021

Castle of La Mothe Chandeniers - Pascale B Scrap - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Dusty Attic blog with a transparent frame. I work with a photo of the Castle of La Mothe Chandeniers. This castle was abandoned, but thanks to a call for donations, it is now being safeguarded.


Here is the beautiful mood board with its vintage shades.





I mixed some Ice Frosted paste with a tiny amount of Whale Watch Blue Magical to give the paste a light blue shade. I used this paste to add a design to a piece of acetate with a stencil. 


Next, I primed all the chipboards with black gesso. I used only waxes to color them. For the Framed Journal Box, I used first the Charcoal Black which is more Payne Grey, a dark grey with a blue undertone. I added also some Old Denim and Old Silver. 


For the Foliage #27 leaves, I used the Sage Leaves which is a matte wax, then the shiny Lucky Emerald. And for the branch of Foliage #23, I began with the Charcoal Black, then Lucky Emerald. 


I glued an ATC Frame #4 on top of the photo colored with Charcoal black and Old Silver. I used the matte Shabby Pink, then the Burgundy wax to color the Spring Blooms, as well as the Old Silver in the edges. 


Finally, I colored the birdcage with the matte Faded Denim and the metallic Old Silver.


To finish, I added some glitter. 

Dusty Attic products:



Framed Journal Box - Oval
DA0212

ATC Frame #4
DA0876

Mini Bord Cages #1
DA1189


Foliage #23
DA2594



Foliage #27
DA2784



Spring Blooms
DA1286


Lace Stencil
DA1310

Other products:
  • Magicals - Lindy's Gang (Whale Watch Blue);
  • Waxes Art Alchemy - Finnabair Prima (Charcoal Black, Sage Leaves, Faded Denim, Shabby Pink, Burgundy, Lucky Emerald, Old Denim, Old Silver);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (Ice Crushed Paste);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (Heavy Black Gesso, 3D Matte Gel).


No comments:

Post a Comment