Friday 23 July 2021

Pose - Kristy Abela

 Hey Dusty FanAttics,

Here is one of my favourite pics of my son and I goofing off on the train. If I don't wave my phone in front of their faces and call out 'Selfie' I'd never catch them on camera. I was mucking around with some Snapchat filters and caught this one. He's grown  some since then and now has  girlfriend who is camera obsessed... She thanks me (wink, wink). 

 


I got a hold of the fab Mr Handsome collection from 13@rts and ha to play with the grungy masculine papers. I cut the frame out of this page and mounted the trimmed paper onto a piece of card stock and then magic mounted the frame back on to create a sunken background. Before sticking the frame back on I got my brayer out and wanted to calm down the numbers in the background because I wanted to use the chipboard number panel to not only compliment it but to be a focal point. 

I used layers of paint and splattering to blend in the background. Once done I used my distress Oxides to shade in some areas to enhance the shadowing in the areas I wanted to highlight.

I fussy cut the elements from the collection and used brown shades of Distress inks to age them and created my collage

I kept the number Panel dark and neutral. I did use thick blobs of paint to create texture even though the colour wasn't too exciting. I coloured some gears as well to add to the layout and varied the shade on them to compliment but not compete with the number panel.

To make up for it I used the word "Pose" from the title pack and started out with it being a sand colour. I didn't think it did the layout any justice so I wanted to bling it up. Using tacky when dry glue and foil transfer I added layers of metallic colour to contrast the whole layout. What was grungy and matt suddenly had a bit of glamour for the pose!!

P.S. I painted out the guy who was sitting behind us on the train too... Who needs a noisy background!



 


Happy Scrapping!


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment