Thursday 22 July 2021

Under the Sea - Belinda Spencer - Mood Board Inspiration

 Hello Dusty Attic fans!

It's Belinda here today to share my project for The Dusty Attic inspired by the gorgeous July Mood Board. For my project today I decided to create something a little different to my usual layout and make some ocean themed artist trading cards instead.


Here's a peek at the mood board:


I love these colours so much and they are perfectly suited to an ocean/beach theme.

To start my atcs, I played around with acrylic paints in the colours of the mood board. I used a palette knife to spread the paints over the surfaces.


Next I used the Webbing Stencil to add some pattern and a couple of Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays that I drew on using the nozzle removed from the bottle.


I used a selection of fabulous mini ocean themed chipboards to decorate my atcs. I painted them all with a few coats of heavy white gesso to seal them and create a light base to make my acrylic paint colours more vibrant. The gesso seals the chipboard and stops the colours soaking in. Then I painted them using the same acrylic paints as the background.


Here's a closer look at the individual artist trading cards.






The Dusty Attic products used:



Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope you find some time to play along with the mood board this month too.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment