Friday 16 July 2021

Days like these make me smile - Belinda Spencer

 Hello Dusty Attic fans!


It's Belinda here with you today to share my latest layout created for The Dusty Attic and featuring a mix of new and not so new chipboard pieces.


I started my layout by diluting some Oceania Dusty In Colour Acrylic Paint and applying it to already spritzed cardstock. I added lots of diluted paint and then spritzed a bit more to play around with it on my background. I flicked some of the paint over the page too. Once I was happy with the coverage I set it aside to dry completely. 

Next I used the gorgeous Starry Night Stencil with some Colour Blast Colour Paste in Deep Water to add some interesting detail. I flicked some more colour over the page using Posca Paint Pens too.


I painted every single piece of chipboard that I used with my usual three coats of heavy white gesso. Once dry, I coloured some of the pieces using the same Posca Pens that I flicked over the background. I used blue Sharpie for the gnome's boots and belt buckle. (Note: Sharpie doesn't work too well over gesso but because it was such a small area I got away with it.)


Then I simply layered everything on my page and secured in place.


I love how the cute little clouds and sun work so well with the adorable gnome and that sweet frame.




Products used:


DA0912 Oceania Dusty in Colour

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope you are loving the new release chippies as much as I am. Have fun playing!!

Cheers
Belinda




No comments:

Post a Comment