Saturday 29 May 2021

My Girl Ziva - Belinda Spencer - Mood Board Inspiration

 Hello Dusty Attic fans!


It's Belinda here today to share my latest layout for The Dusty Attic inspired by the May mood board and featuring lots of fun chipboard pieces and some Dusty In Colour Paint.

'My Girl Ziva'

Here's a reminder of the gorgeous mood board for this month:


For my layout I began by applying some Mountain Meadow Dusty In Colour paint to my background with a palette knife. I love the messy look a palette knife gives. Once the paint was dry, I used the Distressed Grid stencil with some heavy white gesso to add some interest. I flicked over some more colour using Posca Paint Pens.


Next I painted all of my chipboard pieces with several coats of heavy white gesso letting them dry between coats. Once the gesso was dry, I painted some of the pieces with Dusty In Colour Paints in Oceania and Dusty Pink. Some of the pieces I left white to break up all of the colour on the page and also because I just love the look of crisp white chipboard pieces on my pages.


My favourite thing is layering! Lots of layering!! So my next step was to layer all of my chipboard pieces as well as patterned papers in the mood board colours and my photo. Oh and I used a leftover 'negative' piece from a set of tabs that you can see poking out at the top of my photo/paper stack. I love to find ways to use up my leftover bits of chipboard so nothing goes to waste.




Here's what I used:


DA0912 Dusty in Colour Oceania
DA0916 Dusty in Colour Mountain Meadow


DA0862 Mini ABC Set Lower

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I hope you find some time to get creative with awesome Dusty Attic products too.

Cheers
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment