Thursday 8 April 2021

Country Life - Belinda Spencer - Mood Board Inspiration

 Hey Dusty Attic fans!

It's Belinda here today to share my latest layout for Dusty Attic inspired by the April Mood Board. Such lovely colours that inspired me to create a more 'rustic' layout about hay carting time on our farm.

'Country Life'


I used some perfectly rustic Kaisercraft papers for this layout starting with the fabulous rusty old tin shed paper in the background. I added a torn piece of the 12 x 12 chicken wire which I painted with a combination of Sunshine, Sunburnt Orange and Cranberry Dusty In Colour Paints. To create the mottled effect, I simply used a latex make-up sponge and picked up each of the colours separately on it. I then dabbed the sponge onto the chipboard taking care not to blend the colours too much.


I layered on some torn Corrugated Card that I left in it's raw state and then some more patterned paper. To represent 'hay' I painted Wildgrass # 2 and Wildgrass # 3 Small with the Sunshine paint and glued the pieces onto the layout.


I used the mottled paint effect on the large Tyre Tracks, this time using Chocolate, Cranberry and Bisque paints. I added this to the bottom of the page and then layered on the Paddock Fence small that I had painted with a black Posca Pen. I added my paper stack and photo next along with other chipboard pieces painted with Dusty In Colour paints. Finally I added the title that I painted with the Sunshine paint.


The Dusty Attic products used:


DA0923 Dusty in Colour Hot Chocolate


Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment