Friday 19 February 2021

Memories Documented - Kristy Abela - Mood Board Inspiration

 


Welcome to February!!! The gorgeous pair I am posing with were attending the Year 6 Farewell. Aksel's now in year 12 and Ruby has grown into a lovely young woman and has left school. I had so much fun shopping with Ruby for her dress, her first Big Girl Dress. Yet all Aksel wanted to wear was boots!! Isn't it funny how these moments only seem like yesterday. For all of us, slightly different memories. Nevertheless... DOCUMENTED. 

 


Anyhoo... here is a rundown on my creative process.. I started my background with some book pages and scrapbook collage papers I have on my desk. I used some clear gesso to seal them and then added some highlights with some Neo Colour crayons in a similar colour. While the gesso is still wet it blends the pigment nicely and allows it to move around the page. I then added texture paste that I tinted with some chalk paint.

 Once dry I used some blue and green Neo Colour to add some contrast to the scribble circles in the stencil. I added a spritz of water to the crayon and it welled up and filled in the troughs.  

I kept the frames simple and used some golds acrylic paint to draw attention to the images.   

 

To decorate the wildflowers I used a chunky layer of gesso ensuring that the peaks and ridges were well defined. I used my Lindy's sprays and applied directly from the dropper onto the buds. I used two layers to get the colour intensity I liked. Once it was dry I used some gold wax and applied it lightly from my fingertip.
 

 
I used chalk paint to colour the flowers. to create the stamens I used a gel pen to add definition. later in the project I added a cabochon to the center. It magnifies the detail and makes it a cool 3D look.
 

I had fun digging deep and finding some memories. I hope you enjoy them too... 
 
Abela Artistry

 Products Used

Wildflower #3

Blooms #1

Wild grass #3 Small 

Squiggly Frame #3 

Squiggly frame #2 

Mini Seagulls

Mini Captions #18

Circle Stencil DA1608 




No comments:

Post a Comment