Saturday 15 February 2020

Celebrating You - Kristy Abela

Hi Everyone!
I was so lucky to spend some time in the school holiday's with my nieces. They are such powerhouses of young women. I love the   uncertainty of youth and can see the strength of their mother guiding them into the future. That future is BIG for these girls! When I saw these images I immediately thought of them. 
This layout is for them.

To start I used clear gesso to seal the page. I found this treasure in my Blue Fern stash. I used some modelling paste through a stencil and covered it with Lindy's Embossing Powder. I used my heat tool to set it and then used Lindy's Moon Shadow Mist to add some interest in the background with drips and runs.


Using a soft distress crayon in Soot I rubbed a bit onto my fingertip and then lightly over the raised surfaces to highlight the texture. 

 

I created a banner for the focal point to rest on and used Distress Ink in Black Soot on the edges. I like to run my ink pad directly against the edges of the cardstock. I like the effect when it goes wrong and touches places I wasn't expecting... 
A truely Happy Accident! 
I also added some stamping in numbers and Music notes.


I really liked the music on the background and had to cover it to lay the banner. So I recreated it with stamps! I also added some text to the whole background over the embossing areas too.


I began positioning my focal point and experimenting with placement. 


Using some paper Artsy Chalk paint I painted the flourish to look like wings, then I used another Flourish to create a bottom border and also use it as a base for my title.


 I used some floral chipboard and used Paper Artsy Chalk paint again. This time I used it in  concentric circles to create a fade. I added some gorgeous flowers by Prima and some ephemera I had in my stash.

 

To finish off I highlighted some areas with Metallic wax and a dusting of Glass Glitter. 


Thanks for having a look & I hope you gained some inspiration... Till next time! 


Abela Artistry

Here are the Chipboards I used. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment