Sunday 23 February 2020

Big Memories - Kristy Abela

Hi Everyone, Hope you are having a fabulous crafty day... 
As I write this I am getting excited!! 
I am about to head off on an cruise ship with Antonis and Farrel. Woot Woot. 
Classes & glasses and a few sun filled, fun filled days! 
This layout I have created for you from am different kind of excursion. Before I lost all hope of getting them interested in culture and history I took them for a trip into Sydney for the day. This was taken outside of the Mint. In this layout I wanted to have the industrial feeling from inside the building come through. Hope you enjoy!!


Not often do I show my 'Behind the Scenes' images but I thought I would today. When I design an layout I go through a couple of stages of 'staging'. I pull out all possibilities for the collage and layer them all over my page trying to get a feel for how it will look and for what colours I will need. 
Does anyone else do this?



1. I started with my background. I tore out pieces from the pipe works paper to create an industrial grungy collapsed wall. I added some cobbled stone die cuts to start building the layers that my photo would sit on. 
2. I covered the paper background in clear gesso and used some sandpaper to scuff it up & distress it.
3. Then used modelling paste in a dark metallic silver with a Metal Plate stencil and using white modelling paste through a Cross hatch stencil. there were lumps and bumps.


4. I covered all my chip board with white gesso. The number panel pieces I cut from the larger chipboard I painted roughly so we would have lots of bumps on it when it dried.
5. I sprayed a generous layer of Shimmer spray onto the chipboard and let it pool. When I dried it off with the heat tool it pools and reveals all the fab shimmery colours.


 I left the compasses 'naked' and embossed the title and the wall clocks.



Using a matt paint in a dark colour to frame the photo with broken pieces. I just love the way you can tuck them in behind a collage and they fit perfectly every time. My ABSOLUTE fave Dusty chippy!!



I finished off my collage with some toppers of Sisal, Metal Charms, Micro Beads, & Paint splatters.



Close ups of some of the texture in my Chipboard & background anyone?  I also sneaked in a final chippie in. 



Thanks for joining me and I hope to see you in our Facebook Dusty FANattics group soon. Love and light, till next time!!




Abela Artistry




Chipboard Used



Stencils Used


No comments:

Post a Comment