Saturday 7 December 2019

Art Journal - Kristy Abela - Mood Board inspiration

Hi everyone, This is the last mood board challenge for 2019...
That means its your last chance to get a $50 voucher and some chippies to play with over the holidays. 
Here is some inspiration for you.  


I used the mood board colours and the idea of a garden from the leaves to create this journal page with some of Dyan Reavelys stamps. I also got some inspiration from my new craft buddy...
Meet Dio! I created this page the day we brought him home. He is 8 weeks
to the day.



I used my Paper Artsy paints to create layers in my background and stenciled in some contrast, stamped in some textures and got busy decorating my chipboard.



I used a base coat on my chipboard with the chalk paints - no need to prime with gesso with these. Funnily enough they have a colour called Mushroom! I added layers of Purple in two shades with a makeup sponge. They give an awesome grungy, earthy effect. Perfection is overrated!



On this one used some blue close to the ground for shading. With the left over 'Teresa Green' paint I added some splatters.


 
Now to play with my bits and pieces... 
I stamped some mushrooms and flowers & painted them with a pre-filled water brush. I used the colours from the background to mark up the stamps, keeping the colour scheme consistent. 




I also got to play with these super cute cheeky bugs on my collage. They layered perfectly with my toadstools and mushrooms.



I added some shading with a charcoal pencil to the bugs and again to the areas around the stamped images and it was done.  
I love texture & I really enjoy the depth it gives my journaling.


Products Used

Thanks for taking the time to peek at my journal. If you want to see more pop over to my website and check it out.

www.abelaartistry.com.au













No comments:

Post a Comment