Friday 8 November 2019

Cherish - Patricia Basson

Hello Dusty Attic friends....

Today's page is once again one of those dreaded memorial pages! 
Yes...I lost this little Beauty two weeks ago, very sudden and unexpected. 
At least her memories can live on on this page using some of the newest Dusty Attic released Chipboards.

I used papers and flowers from 49 & Market. 'Day Dream' from the Ethereal Collection and 'School Days ' from  Old School. Also used a piece of Dusty Attic Corrugated Card between the paper layers. Flowers used are Mushroom Country Blooms and Stargazers.








After priming the smaller Floral Frame with Gesso, I painted it with a Light Avocado acrylic paint. Also did some highlighting with an Olive Pearl paint. I then applied some random crackle paste, which did not crackle but at least gave me some lovely texture! I painted a darker green paint on and once dry,  I dabbed on some Red Amber Alchemy Wax. 



The Jigsaw pieces were embossed with 'Fire' Mixed Media Powder from Ranger. Whilst still warm I used a texture stamp on it for some interest.  I also applied 'Cowabunga Copper' Spray from Lindy's.  
The little Dog Paw Prints were inked in black with a touch of the Red Amber wax.



Seeing as Coco has earned her Wings,  I used one of the Dogs Chippies together with two Wings...I used the Red Amber wax, Black Ink and Old Silver wax to recreate the colors of her coat. I loved this specific chipboard with the leash, for she could really sing the song and talk the talk whenever Dad made any move to take them for their 'Walkies' . 



I used one of the Polaroid #1 Frame sets which was Gesso'd and painted with some Black Rainbow Color from 13Arts. Just love the effect I got from making some splatters with it as well!













Some sisal, lace and a few 49 & Market Wishing Bubbles and cut-out leaves and blooms finishes the page. 
..........

I used the following pieces from the Dusty Attic online-shop


























Dogs' lives are too short.
 Their only fault, 
really. 
~Agnes Sligh Turnbull~


You think dogs will not be in heaven?  
I tell you, 
they will be there
 long before any of us.
 ~Robert Louis Stevenson~

No comments:

Post a Comment