Saturday 25 May 2019

Sweet - Adri Du Preez - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello Dusty FANattics!


Here is my layout inspired by the amazing May mood board. I just love the shades of purple, lilac and blues. I had the perfect photo for this mood board, my sweet little granddaughter.  I took this photo of her during a visit to Cullinan, a beautiful mining settlement with the most beautiful blooming Jacaranda trees. 



Here is the mood board.  



 and here is my layout



All the chipboard pieces were first primed with white gesso.

I embossed the word "sweet" with Zing Lavender embossing powder.  The beautiful Iron Garnish was covered with white gesso and dry brushed with Versa Magic in Pink Petunia. 
The Foliage were treated the same way as the Ginko Biloba, except that I did not use coarse gesso. 

  
Next I covered with Wordpl@y #2 and #3 with white gesso as well, making sure I get into the letters. Once dry I lightly covered the words with a sponge brush and Art Alchemy in Blue Lagoon, Electric Violet and Vintage Gold and Versa Magic in Pink Petuna.


I randomly covered the Ginko Biloba with coarse gesso then covered with white gesso. Once dry I lightly covered it with a sponge brush and Art Alchemy in Blue Lagoon, Electric Violet and Vintage Gold.


The branches and berries were painted with Americana acrylic paint in Blue Mist and Pansy Lavender and I covered the berries with Glossy Accents.


These are the Dusty Attic chipboard pieces that I used.







DA1645 - Wordpl@y #2


Please visit the Dusty Attic website for more beautiful chipboard designs.


Thank you for your visiting my blog.  I hope you find some time to play along with this amazing mood board.







No comments:

Post a Comment