Saturday 16 February 2019

Not One or Two BUT Three Layouts from Sketch a Week by Belinda Spencer

Hi all!

Belinda here today to share with you some of the layouts I have been creating based on the fabulous weekly sketches that the super talented Jennifer Hedger has created to get us back to the basics of scrapbooking. I LOVE that these sketches bring the focus back to the photos and the story.

Week 3 Sketch Layout 
 "Memories Documented"


This was one of my favourite sketches so far! Probably because there are only two photos!! I chose a couple of photos of my son when he was very young. He decided to pick a lovely bunch of 'flowers' (weeds!) for me. So cute. However we had a young chocolate labrador at the time and he just kept trying to take the flowers from my son's hand to eat them. My poor boy was getting so cranky with our pup. LOL 



I started this layout by creating a wash of diluted Jungle Green Dusty In Colour Paint on my background. 



Next I added my strips of co-ordinated patterned paper and washi tape. I layered some raw String Frames Small.



I painted the viewfinder, chevrons and title with white gesso. The foliage was coloured with the same Jungle Green paint as the background.



I used the Gingko Biloba chipboard to represent the sour sob weeds in my photo so I painted them to match using the Sunshine paint.

Dusty Attic products used:




Week 4 Sketch Layout 
 "Some Kind of Wonderful"


This is one of my favourite layouts created with the sketches so far. I love the subtle, pretty colour combo to document my daughter's ukulele playing skills.  I really liked using up small strips of patterned paper from my leftovers to create the strips at the side. I think this sketch would work really well on a card too.



After I had all of the strips of patterned paper and vellum added to my background, I diluted some Dusty Pink Dusty In Colour Paint and flicked over my page.



I painted some of the chipboard with the Dusty Pink paint and some with heavy white gesso



I added my photos and all of the chipboard and embellishments using the fabulous Music Flourish to link the photos on either side of the layout together.

Dusty Attic products used:




Week 5 Sketch Layout 
 "Noisy Little Ratbag"


For this layout I wanted to document the sounds of January on my farm. We have a couple of very large walnut trees near our house and the sulphur crested cockatoos LOVE them!! They stop at the trees every morning and every evening as they travel to and from their nesting gum trees near our dam. These guys are so loud!! They cannot do anything without screeching as loud as they can. Combine that noise with them dropping the walnuts on our iron roof as they fly over!! Thank goodness it doesn't take them very long to strip the trees of all walnuts.  





I started this double page layout by taping the two pieces together on the back with washi tape. I like to work on the pages stuck together to avoid things not lining up on either side. I used a palette knife to spread some Sunshine Dusty In Colour paint around where the edges of the paper would be.



I chose to use the Sunshine yellow to represent the yellow feathers in the bird's crest. Note the largest photo with his crest fully standing up. This was when he spotted me taking photos. Too funny!



I added some stenciling using Dusty Attic stencils. I covered the flags with the matching patterned papers and painted the remaining chipboard with heavy white gesso and Dusty In Colour paint.

Dusty Attic products used:






DA0915 Dusty In Colour Capri

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I do hope you are enjoying playing along with the sketches too.

Cheers
Belinda




No comments:

Post a Comment