Tuesday 12 June 2018

Whimsical Set - Nicole Doiron (Cards)


Hello Dusty FANattics!

It's Nicole with you today, happy to share a brand new creation featuring loads of gorgeous Dusty Attic chippies and more.

This time I have produced a trio of cards which I call my 'whimsical' set!






My first card in the series features one of the new Fancy Frames and the Winged Dress Form which inspired the term 'whimsical' for this collection.




On all my 3 cards, I used the same colour scheme of different shades of purple and aqua combined with kraft, white and black. 





I have also added some mixed media texture and design with molding paste and a Dusty Attic stencil. On this one, I chose the Damask #2 design.






I thought this sentiment from the Mini Captions #7 set would be perfect for this card which can be great for any occasion celebrating a very special person. I added a cute Decorative Dot with a heart.




I couldn't create a whimsical card set without using a butterfly on one of them, so I opted to go big with this large piece from the Monarch Butterflies set for card #2.




This card is perfect for a friend as it contains a nice 'friendship' quote from the Quoted Sentiments #1 in black.




I posed the butterfly, covered in different hues of purple embossing powder, on top of an Elegant Flourish just simply colored with black marker.



On the aqua paper layer, I used the beautiful Rose stencil.



For card #3, I decided to go with a kraft base, but once again, decorated with purple and aqua and added some white and black accents.




This card's focal point is this gorgeous Carousel Horse. I wanted to make sure that all its fancy designs showed so I just simply used pale lilac embossing powder on it.



Like on my other 2 cards, I used a purple tag, this time a large one, and lots of aqua and purple paper flowers.



For the sentiment, I used this piece from the Wordplay #1 set, combined with a printed quote. You can see layered behind the horse the lovely Leafy Flourish #2 in black.



How do you like my cards?  I hope I have inspired you to take out your Dusty Attic  chipboard and create some of your own today!  And if you do, please make sure to share them with us on the Dusty FANattics Facebook Page.


Here are the Dusty Attic products that I used in the creation of my project:

Chipboard


Monarch Butterflies - DA0819
Fancy Frames #2 - DA1979
Elegant Flourish - DA0878
Leafy Flourish #2 - DA0874
Carousel Horse - DA1259
Mini Butterflies #2 - DA0893
Quoted Sentiments #1 - DA1568
Mini Captions #7 - DA1386
Wordplay #1 - DA1785
Decorative Dots - DA1816

Stencil
Damask #2 - DA1707
Rose - DA1758

If you want to see more of my work, visit me at Scrap-Utopia!


Until next time!







No comments:

Post a Comment