Monday 11 June 2018

Timeless - Patricia Basson


Hello to you my friends....
Today I share with you my DT page using several chipboard pieces from Dusty Attic... 

For this project I used the following papers from 49 and Market...Oasis from the Heirloom Botanicals range, and Orchard Feast from Rusty Autumn. The image is a Pinterest photo of an Altered Clock by Rae Moses






I used the String Of Hearts Frame and the Industrial Hearts as my main Chipboard elements. All my Dusty pieces were first primed with Gesso. The hearts were embossed with Aged Teal Embossing Powder from Stampendeous and Perissa Embossing Powder from WOW. I absolutly love the effects of these multi coloured powders on my chipboards, they give such an amazing effect seen on their best in close up photos!



To add too the industrial feel of the page I added a few of my rusted washers. I distress the background papers by splashing watered down Distress Oxide inks, Broken China and Shaded Lilac. I did a little stamping, a little clear UTEE and some hand stitching.







I absolutly love the effect of the Baked Texture Embossing powders from Seth Apter, but as I do not have them , I had to make due with what I have to create a similar texture and effect. I glued some script paper to the hearts (photo at the end), thereafter I painted it with some red watercolour paint. And then the fun part of layering clear UTEE and embossing powders. I started with the UTEE, then Golden Sand From Stampendeous, another layer of UTEE, Aged Black from Stampendeous and Perissa from WOW and a final layer of UTEE...Absolute fun and excitement to see the different powders react to heat...And of course Dusty is sturdy enough to handle all this treatment. PS...I fixed the crack in the heart by simply reheating the embossing powder, something that is easy to do with UTEE.









The leaves were simply rubbed with some Mystic Turquoise Antique Brilliance wax, giving it the Brownish, Earthy look with added Blue depending on the angle you look at it...magic!
The title just got a swipe of Watering Can Archival Ink with a wet-wipe, and a little darker on the edges.







On the frame I used Brown and Dusty Rust Pastes and Blue Patina Paste. The Perforated Mesh Border was inked with Hydrangea and Watering Can Archival Inks and  Perissa Embossing Powder.









The wings and the Industrial Globe were painted with red watercolour and Rambling Rose Pink spray from Lindy's. Also a little Perissa Embossing on the wings.






The Dusty Attic store is filled with these and many, many more amazing products!






















Thank you for your visit...Hope you enjoyed this project of mine....



Watches are so named as a reminder,
if you don't watch carefully 
what you do with your time,
 it will slip away from you. 
~Terri Guillemets, "Tick tock," 1996~

No comments:

Post a Comment