Sunday 20 August 2017

Altered Lantern - Joanne Bain - Off the Page


Hi everyone!

Joanne here with you today sharing my little altered lantern. I purchased the small tealight lantern from Bunnings and then added quiet a few Dusty chippy pieces to alter it.

'Altered Lantern'



To colour the lantern I have used Finnabair Rust Paste and the newer Patina Paste set. I so love the texture and detail these pastes give, they blend together beautifully.


To create the main band of the lantern I used the Dusty Ivy Flourish over the top of  the Scroll Border #4. To enable the chippy to be able to bend around the lantern I soaked for a couple of seconds in water until it was slightly wet not thoroughly soaked, by doing this it will bend without breaking.


The front cluster has been made up from hearts cut from Medallions #1, Doodads #5, Industrial Stars, pieces cut from Lace Border #3 and Snowflakes.


The top piece for the lantern was created by cutting one of the lace pieces off of the Lace Border piece. I then attach and Industrial Star and title piece from the Cherish Yesterday word set.



Along with the chipboard I also added some metal pieces and metal buttons. To add extra interest I added a little bling to the chains and also added a very light dry brush Finnabair Vintage Silk wax.

Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA1734 Medallions #1
DA1402 Doodads #5
DA1541 Industrial Stars
DA1460 Ivy Flourish
DA1566 Scroll Border #4
DA1503 Lace Border #4
DA1344 Lace Border #3
DA1299 Cherish Yesterday

Other
Chain
Metal Button
Finnabair Rust Effect Paste
Finnabair Patina Effect Paste
Finnabair Vintage Silk Wax
Finnabair Heavy Black Gesso
Finnabair Heavy White Gesso

Please come visit my blog - Scrappin For Me


No comments:

Post a Comment