Tuesday 20 December 2016

Altered Birdhouse - Joanne Bain

Hello!!

Joanne here with you today to share my little altered birdhouse. I have had this birdhouse for so long I thought it was about time I did something with it. I wanted it to be quiet shabby so to start I gathered my selected Dusty pieces and made a start. 

'Altered Birdhouse'








To create the main roof feature I layered lots of Dusty chippy. Most chipboard was given a really good thick coat of white gesso and then some crackle paste was added to make it look a little more shabby.



I cut the chippy bows off of the Ornate Pendants and attach one above the door opening and the other in the top flower cluster. 



To create the bottom step I cut small vent pieces from the Federation Frames set. The lantern was created from 2 of the Mini Lamp Posts. I cut away the posts and then joined 2 together to create a dimensional hanging lamp.


The roof trim was carried on around the entire roof. The back piece was not quiet as elaborate as the front, but still looks very elegant. To create the trim around the roof edge I cut up the large heart from the Lacy Heart set.



I decided to leave the chipboard on top of the roof natural, I did however did give a thin coat of clear crackle paste for added effects.



The top of the house has been finished off with a cluster of contrasting ribbon, Prima vine and flowers all topped off with a light sprinkling of snowflake paste.


Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA0754 Mini Lamp Posts
DA1211 Lacey Hearts
DA1359 Ornate Pendants #1
DA1347 Ornamental Trim #1
DA1503 Lace Border #4
DA1344 Lace Border #3
DA1502 Federation Frame Set

Other
#586850 Prima Flowers
#963019 Sculpture Medium - Clear
#961541 Clear Crackle
#961442 Heavy Gesso - White
#962906 Snowflake Paste
#991944 Memory Hardware - Pearls II
Memory Hardware - Artisan Powder - Vintage Ivory
Memory Hardware - Artisan Powder - Parisian Rosewood

Come visit my blog - Scrappin For Me




No comments:

Post a Comment