Thursday 27 February 2014

Re-purpose Lantern - Tina Dalton

Hi this Month I thought I would create something off the page to show case some Dusty Attic goodies, and I had recently purchased this Black Lantern and a bargain store close by, and it seemed perfect for what I had in mind.
I removed the glass and painted the whole lantern white. Once it was dry I painted my chosen chipboard pieces white as well, I chose to decorate all four sides identical except I added a different Mini word to each side, I used the words Believe, Dream, Adore and Cherish.
First up I sprayed the Corner Flourish #5 DA 0875 and attached it on the right hand side of each side of the lantern. I then built up my floral cluster on the opposite side trailing down and added a few Mini Butterflies #2 DA 0893 to the flourish. 

I wanted to decorate the top of the lantern as well and really like the look of the Dusty Attic Mini wrought Iron Fence DA 0948, I painted it white, distressed it just a little and attached two layers of it around the top of the lantern, oh and I attached it upside down so it look like the fancy edging they have on the old fashioned houses.

I also added some matching flowers, including the gorgeous Dusty Attic Mini Roses in the pink, to the very top and painted white and distressed a  Dusty Attic Flutterbies #3 DA 0766 to each side of the top section.



Thank you for calling past, and Dont forget to pop over to the Dusty Attic Ning and check out all the Dusty goodness that everyone shares over there.
Thanks for stopping by 
Tina xx

2 comments: