Friday 28 February 2014

XOXO - Vicky Alberto

Hi, Vicky blogging today to share my February project using the gorgeous new "string of hearts frame set" (DA1017). I just adore this beautiful chipboard. I also used some letters from the "mini ABC set upper" (DA0861) to for the XOXO title that I set in the largest heart.

I had this picture of my daughter as a baby (in an old frame) and decided it was a perfect size for this kind of "frame" layout. As you can see... I am still in the Valentine's spirit too. Pink is my favourite colour to scrap and this picture was actually taken on Valentine's day 2009!

EASY TEXTURED CHIPBOARD TECHNIQUE

1. I built up the frame with two layers of thick gesso, pouncing a stiff brush to leave peaks of gesso (and drying completely between the layers applied).

2. Next, I sprayed with a peachy pink mist, from a distance, to lightly coat the chipboard.

3. Dark pink mist was randomly applied, but this one was sprayed very close - to have it pool around the gesso peaks. The peaks act like a resist to give a nice rippled textured effect.

4. On the letters I simply primed them with white gesso and then applied glass bead gel.


String of hearts frame set (DA1017) - largest piece was used

Mini ABC set upper (DA0861) - used for the XOXO title

Thanks for joining me on the blog today!
Vicky Alberto


1 comment:

  1. so beautiful Vicky, loving the texture and design and that divine photo. gorgeous work x

    ReplyDelete