Monday 6 February 2023

Give it your all - Kim Arnold

 

Hi everyone! Some more boy layout inspiration today from me.



I have created a teenage boy layout documenting my son’s first part time job using lots of industrial Dusty Attic chipboard and I will take you through what I have used and what techniques I applied.



Starting with the Industrial boarder #1, I have used a dark grey wax to give it a metallic look.



I love the various Industrial Clusters that are available and for this layout I used all of the bits and pieces that come with set #8, but let the actual cluster piece for another layout.



I finished each of the elements in the cluster with copper and vintage gold waxes, so that when the various pieces were layered over the boarder piece I was not layering the same coloured pieces. I layered up these pieces over the border piece to give it dimension and interest.



I then coloured the industrial globes using the same dark grey wax as the border piece for the top of the globes and the vintage gold wax on the filament. For the edge of the globe I used the sparkly prima paint in copper and then touched bits of gold wax on it once the paint was dry. I added the three globes on various places on the border piece so it looked like the globes were hanging from it.









Don’t be afraid to mix up some chipboard pieces with other embellishments. For this layout I have mixed some of the small chipboard elements in with sticker, diecut and wooden embellishments to create an interesting cluster at the bottom right of the photos.



I hope you have a chance to get some creative time in soon.

Happy scrapping
Kim x



Dusty attic products:

Industrial Globes – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Industrial Border #1 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Industrial Cluster #8 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

No comments:

Post a Comment