Tuesday 21 February 2023

Find beauty in the Everyday - Kim Arnold - Mood Board Inspiration

 

Hi everyone! Some inspiration using the beautiful February moodboard.




I was totally inspired by the colour palette of the moodboard – but I did add some gold in which I felt worked well with the sunrise image. I pulled a heap of papers and embellishments in the colours and then selected my Dusty Attic chipboard and coloured it to match. I will take you through what chipboard I used and what techniques I applied.


I started with the background so that it could dry. I used a heavy weight mixed media cardstock and painted it with blue watercolour. Once that was dry, I used the Rainbow stencil and inked with oxide inks and a sponge over the watercolour.





With the title, I coloured the cursive part of the title in matt blue wax and then added an opal wax over it to give it some shine.



For the word “EVERYDAY” I used a plum wax, and once that was dry, I dabbed gold wax on the bottom half of the letters to give an ombre effect.





I then painted the dandelions with gold ink. I use Kuretake Brilliant Gold Mica Ink which works so well on raw chipboard to give an incredible gold finish in one coat. I used one large and two small dandelions.


For the Scrolls, I wanted to do another ombre effect, but in purple, so I used three different purple waxes to go from a light to dark purple.





I then layered the chipboard under and on top of the various elements that I used on the layout.



There is a process video if you would like to see exactly how I made this layout: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofedKMvhvnE

I hope you have a chance to get some creative time in soon.

Happy scrapping
Kim x



Dusty attic products:

Find Beauty In The Everyday – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Dandelions – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Scroll Set #2 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Rainbow #1 Stencil – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

No comments:

Post a Comment