Friday 24 February 2023

Beauty - Pascale B - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed media panel, inspired by the February color combo. I must confess that I stick to the purple and the light blue. 




Here is the colorful February color combo. 


I glued some collage sheets on the canvas board. Next, I added a design with paper paste and a stencil.  Finally, I added white crackle paste. When everything was dry, I painted the background with different acrylic paints to match the colors of the photo I have chose. 


I primed all the chipboard with white gesso. I covered the ATC Frame #5 with the Sterling Foundry wax. Then I added Denim Blue wax to give it a blue tone, then Soot Antiquing wax to aged it.


I sprayed the Floral Corner with Open Arms Amethyst, then covered it with UTEE. The ink make like bead of color under neath. I sprayed again the ink, then heat the UTEE one more time. The result is a marble effect. 


I painted the branch with a mix of Aubergine Impasto and Burnt Sienna liquid acrylic paint. For the Tea Leaves, I used Aubergine and Titanium White, then Old Silver wax. 


I select a few Nature's Bounty flowers that I colored with the Open Arms Amethyst. I want them to be darker as they were in the shadow side of the photo. I used the White Pearl wax to add some light and dark brown liquid acrylic to add shadow.


To finish, I added glitter.


Dusty Attic products:

Floral Corners
DA0848

     ATC Frame #5
DA1523

     Small Tea Leaves
DA2599
Branch #4 Small
DA1184


Other products:
  • Spray inks - Lindy's Gang (Open Arms Amethyst);
  • Embossing Powders - Ranger (UTEE);
  • Foundry Wax - Ranger (Sterling);
  • Stencil - Stencil Girls;
  • Floser - 49 and Market (Salt Nature's Bounty);
  • Art Ingredients - Finnabair Prima (Winter Glitter Set);
  • Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic - Finnabair (Prussian Blue, Ultramarine, Violet, Ink Black, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White);
  • Art Alchemy Impasto - Finnabair (Linen, Aubergine);
  • Art Alchemy Waxes - Finnabair (Denim Blue, Soot, Old Silver, Withe Pearl);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (Paper Paste, White Crackle);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).

No comments:

Post a Comment