Friday 21 October 2022

Finding Joy in the Little things - Kim Arnold - GUEST DESIGNER

Hi, I am delighted to be back with another guest design project for Dusty Attic. The products that Jen sent me – flowers, a bee hive and bees, word tabs and disks and the title - were perfect for a layout about myself, so I combined them with the Sweet Rush collection from Vicki Boutin to make this layout about finding joy in the little things.


I started by painting up all of the chipboard pieces. The daisies, I painted various shades of beige on the inside of the petals to bright white on the outside. When that was dry, I added yellow and orche to the middle and green on the stems. The title I painted a glittery purple/silver colour – the title in full read Appreciate the Little Things, but I only used part of the title on this layout. I painted the Word Disk and Word strips gold, but used a foam dauber with only a little paint to ensure that I did not get paint down into the engraved words. The bee hive was painted a range of colours till I got it right! It ended up blue with some gold was on it. The bee was painted gold.



I then started work on the layout as the chipboard dried. The background is Foundations paper which is a heavy mixed media cardstock. I used watercolours to paint the middle of the background blue so that it looked like the sky. The cloud is a die cut, but the rainbow was fussy cut from the 6x8 paper pad in the Sweet Rush collection.



To put the base of the layout together (before all the embellishments), I layered various papers behind the 4x6 photo. I then stuck the rainbow down and placed the photo with mats at the end of the rainbow.



Now it is time to embellish! I started with placing the title which includes the paper with “Finding joy in the” on it which I put at the top of the photo, and then the chipboard words “Little things” at the bottom of the photo. I then added the cloud on foam tape.



To the left of the photo, I layered up two of the chipboard daisies and a Word disk with die cut flowers, heart, a lollypop and a clip.



To the right of the photo, I layered Word strips along the edge of the photo and then layered two more daisies with the bee hive and bee with die cut flowers, heart and other elements.

The final touch was to scatter puffy stickers around the two clusters of embellishments.

I have a process video available for this layout which is available on my YouTube Channel: (12) Kim Arnold - YouTube

I hope you have an opportunity to get some creative time in soon.

Happy scrapping

Kim x

 

Dusty Attic products:

·       Appreciate the Little Things – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       Word Disks #3 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       Daisies #2 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       Beehives – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       Bees #2 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       Word Strips #2 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

No comments:

Post a Comment