Monday 12 July 2021

Loved Forever - Aneta Nasionkowska (Ankarika Craft)

Hi there!

It's official! Summer holiday season is on. It'll probably be celebrated in a different way than in previous years, due to different restrictions in individual countries. However, I hope that we'll be able to go to some lovely places and take a break from everyday matters. Meanwhile, I prepared this charming layout for you in June and now I'll describe it to you in detail. It is an order commissioned by a couple, for close friends on the occasion of their wedding anniversary. This layout was created in cooperation with the Australian producer of chipboard shapes for craft - The Dusty Attic  which I love with a great love! I am waiting for my DT package from them which is a big relieve as I'm almost running out of chippies and this could mean a deadlock in my daily art work. :)

The work is kept in a delicate pale pink - blue tones. The background is a sheet 5B from the latest collection "Love me Tender" from Margaret Paper Design  The clock on this sheet charmed me at first sight, it is simply amazing. Contrary to appearances, I often learn about the graphic's look when the sheet is at a very advanced stage. Designing papers is my sister's job, she's very good at it, so I don't disrupt her. ;) The base is the HDF frame by Artistiko. You can find the media coverage of this frame on the IGTV recording on my Instagram profile. There, I show the entire process and the products used at an accelerated pace - please have a look.


I secured the paper with a clear gesso, and then just on the border of the connection with the frame, I applied the Fan stencil pattern with Jewel paste in the Rose Quartz shade and the Creative Script stencil with the structural paste in the graphite shade. Both pastes are from Finnabair, the graphite one is phenomenal! Soft, fluffy and spreads wonderfully. After drying with a heater, I removed some color from several elements at art work, using a dry brush and white acrylic paint. Where you see a white finish around the edges, that's the effect of this method. Around the frame from the inside, I put the same Jewel paste and put micro balls on it. I secured all the cardboard with white gesso on all sides and the next steps are described below.



On the smaller frame, I used Nuvo 3D pearls in the Chalk Stick shade - in my opinion, this product is worth the price. The pearls come out shapely, dry quickly and the application is very easy. For now, I have three shades, but I already know that I have to have more choice. The small frame is decorated with the word "happy",  painted with white acrylic paint and stained at the edges with wax in a shade of Rose Gold. The number 18 is from a set of mini numbers, the shade of navy blue is due to the mist in Denim. At the top, I put the words loved forever  The color is gorgeous and changes depending on the angle of the light thanks to the Sturdust Candy Embossing Powder by Moon Glow. I am very pleased with the embossing glue in the form of dabber, it makes the application very easy - I hardly use a glue pad anymore.



In three places you can see a garden grate, on one of them are roses, on the other - my beloved butterflies, the third one protrudes from under the frame. This is a panel that I cut to this shape. It is painted with a white Gelly Roll pen and on the edges covered with a texture paste in the shade of Rosa Taupe. I made the butterflies in the same way as the number 18. I made the roses myself from a die from Marianne Design and paper from the same "Love me Tender" collection, the small white flowers are designed by Tim Holtz, and the leaves are also from a die. On the left side, I tucked a string bow under the flowers. In the lower part of the composition, a wonderful filigree swirl protrudes from under the flowers, adding delicacy to the work. I sprinkled some blue polystyrene balls around the flowers, here and there I put small white roots. On both sides of the larger frame there is a delicate white lace, a piece of film tape by Tim Holtz and the whole work is finally splashed with white acrylic paint. I am looking for a way to splash so that the entire desk is not dotted. Do you know any way to do this? After each project, I have the entire work area to wash and recently I went to school to pick my daughters up with dots on my face! Crafters everyday life... :)



This is where we will end the post today. If you have any questions, I missed something or you're just curious about something, let me know in the comment and I will be happy to answer.


Products used this time:



Dusty Attic products:








See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment