Thursday 27 May 2021

Chantelle - Patricia Basson

This photo of Chantelle on her Matric Farewell just stays a favorite of mine to use on a page!
For this Dusty Attic page I used papers and add-ons from 49 & Market, Modern Romance from the Vintage Artistry Coral Collection. Also used pieces from the Collage Stacks, Stitched Frames and Roughly Sewn Rub-on. 
I used a stencil and some Embossing Paste on the background along with some Oakleaf Olive Embossing Powder from Lindy's Stampgang.











I cut small pieces out of the Skeleton Clock face to give a distressed look to it. I embossed it with Bubble Embossing Powder from Ranger and Earthtone Pepper Embossing Powder from WOW. I love the difference in texture that the two Powders bring on the Clockface!
The Ivy Corner was Gesso'd and randomly dabbed with some Distress Grit-paste from Tim Holtz. I painted it with Bundled Sage Distress Spray Stain also from Tim Holtz and Tawny Turquoise Moon Shadow mist from Lindy's Stampgang. I'm loving how the Walnut Stain in the mist reacts with the Grit-paste and the Turquois colour puddles on the chipboard.









The Toadstools and Indian Arrow also got some of the Grit-paste. I painted them using the Watercolor set from 13@rts. I used the Yellow, Amber, Browns, Green and Scarlet paints mixing and painting until I was satisfied with the look. I also rubbed on some Matt Waxes, Charcoal Black and Rusty Red. 
I dusted some Praline and Cream Fairy Dust Glitter on the page and elements.







The sentiment was lightly Gosso'd and painted with the two Sprays. A little Charcoal Wax was rubbed on the edges as well.
Flowers, leaves and a few die-cut leaves were added to finish of the page....




From the Dusty Attic on-line shop I used the following pieces...













Stay well and stay creating...


We are all grown-up children, really.
 Our lives are made up 
of childhood and adulthood, 
all together.
 So one should go back 
in search of what was loved
 and found to be real. 
~Audrey Hepburn~

No comments:

Post a Comment