Friday 12 March 2021

Sugary Sweet Baby cards - Aneta Nasionkowska

 Welcome back!

This time you're invited you to read a post about twin cards for a child I mentioned  in my previous post. Preparing these works gave me a lot of joy, due to the fact that my two beloved children played the main role. The girls are only a few months old there and looking for these photos gave me a lot of pleasure by returning to my memories. My daughters are now 5 and 7 years old. It passed quickly... And this is what the finished cards look like:


I chose the DL format. Both cards are in green - salmon - gray tones and supplemented with white accessories. The base of one is green and the other is gray. On the beermat distance, I glued all the salmon paper, which I sewed on the machine, one with a gray thread and the other with green thread. You can see the final effect of using 3D embossing folders from Sizzix: Linear Leaves and Honeycomb Frenzy. After applying such a deep embossing, the work takes on an amazing structure, and I like this effect very much! That's why I have almost all the available 3D folder designs from Sizzix. On my Instagram profile you'll find highlighted stories where I present them all. I covered the point where the embossing was joined with a gray ribbon from American Crafts.


I touched all the edges with Distress Vintage Photo ink. The filmstrip for the photos is made with a metal die. I cut the shape twice from cardboard and glued it together to achieve a more massive form, and the third time from gray paper. It's decorated with a white cord and a bow.



The most enjoyable part of the job is playing with chippies. I'm completely in love with this form of scrapbooking embellishments. I remember when the first chipboard patterns appeared on the market. I didn't know what it is and how to search for it in stores, what is it called?! ... I remember my frustration whenever I saw those art works with chipboards on the Internet and I still didn't have them... Those sad days are past, for our craft happiness! I've been reaching for them with undisguised joy for several years now. Since I'm on the Dusty Attic design team, my joy is literally reaching its zenith. Why? Take a look at the store, check how many patterns they have, how extensive the subject matter is, what is the huge selection of inscriptions, beautiful fonts and - invariably - new ones appear constantly. An endless source of inspiration! Yes, yes... I'm really in love with chippies! :)) And here's what I found in my collection: awesome pendants with the inscription BABY and a set of inscriptions that perfectly met the customer's expectations. The pendant patterns are quite large so I trimmed it with scissors to a length that suited my design, painted them with white acrylic paint and add some beads.


On a gray ribbon I layered small gray handmade flowers I made with the X-Cut punch. The interior of the work is decorated with beautiful paper with delicate green flowers from Docrafts - Papermania from the "Honey & Hugs" collection. Unfortunately, I cannot show you how I completed the inside of the card due to the respect of the customer's privacy.



Produkty użyte w tej pracy:




Produkty Dusty Attic użyte w kartkach:


 

That's it for today. I have a schedule of orders planned until mid-April. I already know what's up and I'll be happy to show it to you as soon as it's ready. Yours sincerely and keep checking me - feel invited! Click on subscription to receive notifications about a new blog post. :*

No comments:

Post a Comment