Tuesday 16 February 2021

Todays memories are Tomorrow's treasures - Belinda Spencer

Hello Dusty Attic fans!


It's Belinda here today to share my latest layout featuring some fabulous Dusty Attic chipboard.


'Today's Memories'


I have chosen a bit of a botanical theme for this layout to compliment my photo of my daughter taken many years ago. She was flitting about on the farm dressed as a fairy on this day and I absolutely love this photo of her just sitting in the grass looking at some leaves or something on the ground.

There are so many stunning botanical inspired chipboard pieces and stencils to choose from but I started with the stunning Floral Stencil. I added it to my background using Prima Vintage Gold Icing Paste; a medium that I am loving at the moment. I swiped a little of it over the background as well.


I used the same Vintage Gold Icing Paste and applied it to the leafy chipboard pieces using a latex make-up wedge for a lovely smooth finish. It is pretty quick to dry too which is perfect for an impatient person like me!!


I had already used some diluted Dylusions Mushy Peas Paint on my background so I used the same paint to colour the title and the Mini Tab above my photo. I applied the paint with a latex make-up wedge using a soft dabbing motion. I repeated this twice more for a more vibrant result.


I created a pretty cluster with the leaves a Spring Vine and an old flower from my stash to frame my photo.


I created a visual triangle with the green chipboard pieces and another embellishment which also helps to frame the photo.


Dusty Attic products used:



Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope you are feeling inspired to have a play with some of Dusty Attic's beautiful botanical products too.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment