Thursday 10 September 2020

Never in a hundred summers... - Michelle Van Oudtshoorn

Hello Dusty Attic fans

Welcome to September - for us in NZ it means spring and moving into longer and bright days, yay! Today I am on the blog with my Dusty Attic project for September. 


This is a photo of my sister - back in the mid 1970's! Oh my gosh it is such a long time ago! We were on one of our family holidays in this photo, in a city called Durban in South Africa - it was a family favourite holiday destination, right on the beach.
I have used lots of bits of chipboard to make up my layout. I first started with the left over outer bit from the distressed frames DA2673, and then painted frames from polaroid frames and get framed rectangles sets. 

The photo was entwined with the frame, then added paper, and adhered this to the background paper down the centre to be able to tuck the frames in under this. Then the bits of netting have been added under the top and bottom of the photo.

I then added the wooden pieces to the bottom of the frame, before adding the flower cluster. Once this was done, I have then added the smaller of the two compasses and the anchor.
I then do a compass, anchor and flower cluster at the top right of the page.

I have finished off by adding the word sentiment across the top of the frame, dusting art stones and adding in muslin.

These are the products I have used:









Thanks for visiting the blog.

Thanks,
Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment