Thursday, 30 July 2020

Illuminated Bottle - Kerstin Filou



Hi creative friends!

 I was inspired to create another
illuminated 
glass bottle in altered art.


 

 

 



Tutorial


1 choose some chipboards I used a
border and a flourish element 
  glue a piece of cheesecloth and
the chipboards with construction
  adhesive on the glass
bottle

2 create a pillar gate and a
little mermaid with airdrying modeling 
   clay and silicone cake moulds,

2a I love to use some leftovers
from the chipboards (here the
     bottom conclusion) 
     borders are used on
the sides




3  glued the gate and also
added some shells and two pieces of driftwood as entrance steps 

         afterwards the
bottle was completely covered with crackle medium 'Weathered wood'
(DecoArt)

4 after drying covered with a
chalky finish paint for glass 'Relic' (DecoArt)

let it dry for a few hours

5 now two wax cremes 'Lavish
Green' and 'Brilliant Turquoise'

 6   dry brush
technique with white gesso to lighten the dark colour



finally added the little
mermaid  



 some close up's







 



 chipboards can be bent around the
bottle very well 
after a light moistening with
water


here can you see the used leftovers as
sea waves 
on the bottle sides 


Dusty Attic chipboards that I
used

Fancy
Corners + leftovers(negatives)

 

Bali Border
#4





magical effects with a light
chain


Thanks for your visit!


Kerstin


No comments:

Post a Comment