Wednesday 6 May 2020

Tags set - Nuneka Box - YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL

Hi there!!

Nuneka here with another project for The Dusty Attic. I don't know what's happening to me but lately I've been in love with vintage style and I decided to create these two beautiful mixed media tags. They're really fun to do and their big size allows you to add lot's of stuff to the composition, so I really enjoyed playing with The Dusty Attic chipboards in these pieces.



I started protecting a scrapbooking paper with clear gesso and sticking the cardboard pieces I've cut with an arrow shape. I cut the paper around, slightly bigger so I could tear the edges. Then I used the Distressed Diamonds Stencil and crackle texture paste to add some interest in the background.



I added beautiful vintage colors and a touch of shimmer with Lindy's Sprays, creating the perfect atmosphere for the composition. I chose soft tones to get a matching background that allows the compositions be the protagonists.



What makes this project special is the beautiful combination of The Dusty Attic chipboards. One of the things I like the most is that they're strong but easy to cut with a craft knife or the scissors. This way you can use just some parts of the chipboards (as I did with Fancy Trim nº 19), cut them in smaller pieces to place them where is better for the composition (as I did with Industrial Frame nº 3), or you can, of course, leave them as they are (as I did with Jumbo Cogs nº2).



I applied some texture paste to chipboards dabbing with my finger, dried well and cover them with ac paint. Then I color them with Lindy's vintage spray so I get a beautiful brown shade with a little green sparkle. I highlighted some areas with metallic waxes and added some sparkle with mica flakes and glass glitter. Finally I added some sentiments and placed star shaped eyelets.




These are The Dusty Attic chipboards and stencils I've used in this project, click on the images to go directly to the store!

   

You can watch the full video tutorial on the Dusty Attic YouTube channel:


Thanks for watching and see you very soon!

Nuneka




















No comments:

Post a Comment