Sunday 29 March 2020

Seahorse Jounal Cover - Kerstin Filou - Mixed media project

Welcome creative friends!

 I'm totally in love with the latest Soft Mould 'Seaworld' from Stamperia. 
The awesome seahorse in steampunk style was perfect for a new Art Journal cover in
mixed media style.

I combined the cast with a

Baroque
Flourish
 

as the mane for the seahorse.

   


Tips & Tricks
Today I want to share with you, how you
can create an amazing
 steampunk seahorse as center
piece
for your new project.



1. make a cast with air modeling
clay
(I left out the gear)

2. glue all chipboards 
 the background can
additionally 
be designed with stencils and modeling
paste

I used a gear from the

Cogs Frame
Set

 and also the
negative 

3. glue a bigger 

Baroque
Flourish #3

behind the head of the
seahorse

4. now design the background first with
black gesso as primer 
and then with the colours of your
choice, I used Spray colours, Rust effect paste
and metallic waxes

5. finally I painted the seahorse with
its beautiful voluptuous mane, 
for this I used simple acrylic paint
which was slightly diluted with water
 
after drying I set some highlights with
metal waxes


 used Dusty Attic

chipboards 


Cogs Frame
Set

 Baroque
Flourish #3

Industrial
Pipes



 some close up's













Happy crafting!

Thanks for your visit!

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment