Friday 6 March 2020

Found Objects- Nuneka Box - Videeo Tutoiral

Hi crafty people!
Nuneka here with a beautiful altered box today. I've been wanting to do something special with the box I use to keep the photos for my layouts... and when I received the latest products from The Dusty Attic and I saw the Industrial Stars, I knew exactly what I would do.





I've been working a lot with blue, mint and brown lately... so I decided to be brave this time and do something completely unexpected. What if I make a steampunk project with pink? You may think I'm crazy... but I think it worked! But let's go step by step.  First I cover the box with white gesso and added some texture with The Dusty Attic stencils: Starry Night in the lid, Distressed Diamonds in the bottom part.




Then I built the composition in the lid using different chipboards. The most important one is the Skeleton Clock Face Small because everything goes surrounding it. I combined different pieces from Cogs 3 and Jumbo Cogs 2 together with Fans 1 to create a steampunk machine coming out from the clock. 





I added a special detail with Industrial Stars 2 on the upper right corner, it really matches with the cogs and with the tiny stars from the stencil. I placed tiny cogs here and there creating continuity in the project. 



I also glued some cabochons and an empty heart in the center of the clock. Then I covered everything with white gesso and took a deep breath before coloring the box. What if I fail? I wondered... If you never try, you never know... so I took some sprays and te magic happened. Pink and gold work great together, and dark brown in the most intricate parts to add depth. 



I added some touches of brown ink to darken some areas, and metallic waxes to highlight others. I filled the heart with microbeads and glued a metallic plate on top of the heart. Finally I made white splatters that helped bringing everything together.



You can watch the full video tutorial on The Dusty Attic YouTube channel. Don't forget to suscribe and leave some love in the comments!




These are The Dusty Attic products I used in this project, click on the pic and it will take you to the store:



    
   



I also used white gesso, Lindy's sprays, Finnabair waxes, Ranger Distress Ink, glue, gel medium, cabochons, metal embellishments and microbeads.











No comments:

Post a Comment