Monday 6 January 2020

Vintage Lady - Nuneka - VIDEO TUTORIAL

Hi everyone! 

Nuneka here with my first project for The Dusty Attic. I wanted to do something really special to introduce myself and let you know a bit about me. I always like to give my projects a dreamy look  and the Floral Frame Set chipboard inspired me to create this giant vintage medallion.



As soon as I had Mechanical Sea World paper collection by Antonis Tzanidakis in my hands and I saw the vintage lady in the first page, I knew she would perfectly match with the Floral Frame Set. And I imagined a beautiful medallion rusted by the sea waters. 



So I thought the frames would be metallic and with the salt water oxidation they would have a patina look. I used Patina Effect Pastes to cover them completely and I added some shimmer with Lindy's sprays. And as I wanted to add a lot of volume I glued two chipboards together.



I wanted to add some interest to the background papers. In the biggest piece I used Metal Plates Stencil with graphite texture paste and Lindy's Sprays to create an underwater look. In the small piece I added vintage sprays and used Lace Stencil and extra white texture paste to add contrast.



To make everything come together and give sense to the piece, it needed gears so I took some few from Jumbo Cogs 2 and Mini Cogs 2 and cover them with rust effect paste. And to add a feminine touch, I used 49 and Market flowers, aged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



I used several piece of cardboard between layers to create different levels, and placed the cogs coming from under the smaller circle (and some few in the lady hair). 



I found the perfect place for the flowers right between the two frames, I added some lichens and art stones, and finished the project with a shimmer touch: glass glitter and bronze wax to highlight some areas.

These are The Dusty Attic chipboards and stencils I used. 
Click on each image to go directly to that item in the shop:

  

   



You can watch the full tutorial on my YouTube channel:



See you soon, guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment