Sunday 13 October 2019

Handsome Boy - Joanne Simons

Hello hello hello Dusty friends!

Jo here to share with you today a layout.




I am the first to say that I'm not really a mixed media person or a grungy person so I thought I would throw it out there and challenge myself a little.  Its always good to step outside your comfort zone right?


I started using a piece of 12 x 12 that already had the look of mixed media without me even having to get my hands dirty!


I then set about making my cog clusters as grungy as I could.


I arranged them first in two clusters.  One for the right side of the photo and one for the left.


It was a simple as randomly dabbing over some blue and brown distress oxide ink and also leaving some of the chippy bare.


For a bit of extra interest, I used the new broken bits No.1 numbers and added just a swipe of black in over them.


Here are a couple of close ups






I decided against a big title and instead added one of the mini tabs with Handsome Boy just for a pop of black.  To get a little bit of extra texture to my page I then added some micro beads


Dusty Attic products used
















Thanks so much for stopping by!


Until next time


Happy crafting






No comments:

Post a Comment