Saturday 23 February 2019

Christmas Village - Kristy Abela


When I received my goodies in December last year, I wasn't really sure what to do with all the Christmas Chipboard... 

I'm am bit of a self confessed scrooge!  

So I sat back and let it talk to me... One thing that I always wished for when I was young was to see the Christmas markets from my Mothers homeland. I may not have gotten there yet but I got a little closer after today's play. 

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas!!


 I primed my Dusty Attic Chipboard Houses with white gesso and used some embossing powder that mimics snow.  I really didn't know what this product was going to do as it came in a Mystery Box but I was pleased with the results. I coloured the houses with some gold metallic paint over the embossing powder and then again dry brushed with White gesso for texture. I used the same technique for my Santa Postage Stamps. 


For this canvas I tore some paper strips, added some Dusty Attic Corrugate card stock and layered them in the background. I covered them with and crackle paste and let them dry overnight. I then used white gesso to dry brush the texture out of the background. I used a generous amount of shimmery sprays and a little bit of metallic acrylic paint on the card stock to colour the project blue... staying away from the traditional Christmas colours. 





Mica flakes behind my snowflake embellishments, balls and micro beads. I primed with black gesso for the poinsettia and used metallic red acrylic applied with a make up sponge and then finished them off with some Bling.


I used two shades of embossing powder to colour my Christmas Tree sentiment. I went back and added a little of the Sparks acrylic paint to the edges of the poinsettia and the corrugate card stock. 

It was a project that made me feel it was beginning to look a lot like Christmas... 



Image 1
Merry Christmas Tree
Christmas Postmarks
Poinsettia Small
House Set - 3pk









No comments:

Post a Comment