Sunday 13 January 2019

Cherish - Joanne Simons

Hello Dusty friends! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and can I just start by saying how very excited and extremely humbled I am to be part of this top notch team!

I hope I can inspire you in some small way.

Today I have a layout to share with you featuring a photo of my 3 "boys".  That is my two sons and husband.  It isn't very often I get a nice one of the three of them together!  This was taken at my sons 18th birthday so they were in a bit of a celebratory mood!


To start I used some distressed oxide inks on my white background.  Spritzed with a bit of water to give it a mottled look. 

I then used some texture paste through the Distressed Grid Stencil.

Next I  made a paper cluster and stapled them in the middle.  This allows me to go back and tuck under all my pretty Dusty chippie.

All my chipboard was covered with Distress Oxide inks.  I find using the distress oxides great as a lot of the time you don't need to gesso the chippie.  It just seems to sit on top and not soak in plus I have to admit - I'm not a real big mixed media person so the less dirty my hands get the happier I am! LOL.

I used the Indian Arrow as my main focal embellishment but to make it pop a little I added some foil in random places. 

Here is a close up look.
 

I also added under my paper clusters small pieces of the Marrakesh Trellis and also the Number Border No. 1



To finish my page I added my title.  I have to say I love love love Dusty Attic chipboard titles.  I wish I could come up with all those really cool titles but I just struggle.  I find that all the chippie titles are just so easy to work with and take away the hassle of trying to think of something original for me.

Below is a list of Dusty Attic products used







Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time








No comments:

Post a Comment