Saturday 8 December 2018

Summer Christmas - Patricia Basson

And just like that we stand at the end of another year!!!
Almost everyone is finishing up the last tasks of the year, last days of Schools are ending, last preparations for long awaited Holidays are finalised. We never go away during the silly season, feel much more relaxed and safe in my own home and environment. 
Seeing as we here in South Africa celebrate Christmas in the the Summer month, I decided to create a more Summerly, beachy kind of Christmas page for Dusty Attic with Sunflowers and Sea Shells instead of the traditional snowy and cold pages. 



I took two Craft sheets, tore one into strips which I coloured with Distress Oxides. I used Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick on a craft sheet with a little water and rolled it onto the paper using a Brayer. I also stamped with Broken China. To add at least a little Christmassy sparkle, I added a little Glitter to the background as well. The two strips were then adhered to another sheet of Craft paper.



I really find the Scribble Tree to be such a fun element. After Gesso I painted it with red Acrylic Paint. I had some Sunset Beach Infusions on my Craft sheet that I mixed with the Red paint and painted in the middle of the Tree. It also got a layer of clear UTEE on top. 







I embossed the remaining strip of inked paper and punched some leaves out of it. These were used with funky Sunflower blooms and a few Baubles. 
The Shells have some white Crackle Paste on them and the Starfish some Textured sand Paste, All to give texture to the Chipboard pieces.
I coloured both the Starfish and Shells with the Sunset Beach Infusion. The Shells got some Gilding Flakes on them and the Starfish a little Gold Pigment Ink. The very cute Santa Postmark also got Gold Pigment Ink.



Please visit the Dusty Attic on-line shop for these and many more amazing products. 











No comments:

Post a Comment