Thursday 8 November 2018

to Travel is to Live - Patricia Basson

Just a reminder that that until Sunday 11/11/18 you can still get 
20% off ALL retail orders using the code "LUCKY20" 
PLUS FREE POSTAGE on orders over $100 AUD.
(No code needed for free shipping offer, this will automatically be added)




Hello fellow Blog Friends.
For today's post I have created a grungy, rustic page using lovely colours and textures. Wanting to use the new Dusty Attic chippies, the Wood Slices and Drift Wood, I thought this charismatic old Timer would make the ideal subject for my page!
I used papers from 49 And Market, Captivating and Falling Leaves from the Rusty Autumn Collection and Harmony from Heirloom Botanicals.



To create my background I thinned some Mountain Meadow Paint from Dusty and using a silicon brush , I roughly scrapped it onto the paper. I used multi purpose powder from 13Arts to thicken my paint and used that through the new Metal Plates stencil. I also sprayed with Lindy's Stampgang Mists, Shabby Turbine Teal and Time Travel Teal.







I aged the Corrugated card-stock with the following Rust Effect pastes from Finnabair, Patina effect Blue and Mint-Green, Blue -Green and Rusty Rust Pastes. 
All my chipboard pieces were coated with watered down Gesso. On the Industrial Chains I used Lindy's Embossing Powders Byzantine Bronze and Terracotta Plum. On the hook I used Silver Night EP from WoW. 
The two Chain Circles I painted with Time Travel Teal Magicals. Just absolutely love the Industrial Grey Silver look the paint has mixed with the Teal!!! 
The paper Doily was inked with Lindy's Starbursts, Grab a Guy Gold and Red Hot Poker Orange.







A photo just doesn't do justice to the textured detail of the Wood Chips! I did not want to take away from it, therefor I just lightly added some Dusty and Green-Grey Rust Effect Paste and chalked the edges with a brown ink-pad. The same was done with the Driftwood pieces. The creative Script pieces were painted with the Teal Magicals and embossed with the EP from the Chains.











I stripped the flowers from a 49 & Market Garden Vine and coloured the green leaves with Lindy's Mists, Grab a Guy Gold, Steampunk Sepia and Wild Honeysuckle Coral. Steampunk Sepia was also used to colour the Title Chippie. Some coloured Gauss and Gold Leave Mica Flakes and Plum Glass Beads from Finnabair are added interest.

I hope you liked this project as much as I do...
To find these and many more items visit the Dusty Attic online Shop.



























I see my path, 
but I don't know where it leads. 
Not knowing 
where I'm going
 is what inspires me to travel it.
~~~ Rosalia de Castro~~~

1 comment: