Tuesday 6 November 2018

Happy Notes - Notebook November - Mood Board Inspiration


Before you have a look at what our amazing Farrell has created for you I just high-jacked her blog post to let you know "the Boss" has 
EXTENDED THE SALE 
so this means that until Sunday 11/11/18 you can still get 
20% off ALL retail orders using the code "LUCKY20" 
PLUS FREE POSTAGE on orders over $100 AUD.
(No code needed for free shipping offer, this will automatically be added)


And now here is Farrell with her Mood Board Inspiration for you 

*************************

Hello there Dusty Attic Fans!!! This month over at Dusty Attic we are doing Notebook November where we alter notebooks using gorgeous Dusty Attic Chippy. And today I am sharing my notebook using the November mood board as inspiration.
26056134_10214205909162873_7431268592972952500_n
For my notebook, I used the purple tones for my inspiration.... this was way out of my comfort zone as I very rarely use purples but I have to say I really enjoyed creating this. So here is my notebook...... oh and I forgot to mention there is a process video at the end of the blog if you would like to see how I created it.
Farrel Tailor Altered Notebook
I started off by painting my notebook and chippy pieces with black gesso. Then started to build all the layers and texture with stenciling, chipboard, Prima Melange Art Pebbles and art stones.
Farrel Tailor Notebook Dusty Attic
I used Prima Metallique Plum Preserves Acrylic Paint as a base coat and then used several Art Alchemy Waxes to add different tones. For the butterfly I used Prima Sparks Acrylic Paint in Butterfly Spells and Mermaid Sparkle. Then added some glitter glue for an added sparkle.
Farrel Tailor Happy Notes Dusty Attic
To finish off the notebook I added some micro beads in the copper but felt the colour was too strong so I toned them down with some black gesso. (I did this after I filmed)
https://youtu.be/aEWwbV_kaxQ
Dusty Attic Products
wordplay_3_black__02092_zoom
wire_dress_form__56480_zoom
iron_accent__03435_zoom
fancy_frame_3__28533_zoom
delicate_frame_3_2145__23213_zoom
02005930_3789042__57442_std
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoyed my project xx
profile

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the mood board for November and this sure is one of an awesome display...Thanks also Dusty Attic Dt for choosing my crazy page as one of the October winners...have sent an email.xxx

    ReplyDelete