Friday 16 November 2018

Notes - Belinda Spencer

Hello!!

Belinda here with you today to share my altered notebook for Notebook November.

Even though I don't create 'off the page' too often I found this to be such a fun project to create. I even used the November Mood Board as inspiration for my notebook.


To start my notebook cover I went on a treasure hunt through my stash of patterned papers until something jumped out at me. I found the cutest paper with a bicycle image that suited the colours perfectly.

I used a matte gel medium to attach the paper to the cover, swiping some over the top of the paper too. Next I grabbed the closest paint palette and swiped some Dusty In Colour Paint in Cranberry, Lavender Blush and Sugar Plum around the edges of the paper.



Once the paint was dry, I used some heavy white gesso to add some stenciling. I wanted a lovely subtle effect with the stenciling. For more impact though you could add an outline to the words using a fine pen.





Next I used the same paint and gesso to colour the various chipboard pieces. I glued these pieces onto the front of the notebook along with some flowers and leaves. To finish I used a white paint pen to flick some white droplets over the cover.








Dusty Attic products used:

















No comments:

Post a Comment