Friday 10 August 2018

Holiday Memories - Canvas by Rosalie Duke-Stanley (Mood Board Inspiration)




Canvas - Holiday Memories 

I have used the mood board colours and tones to create this canvas to show of some of my wonderful holiday snaps of Port Issac - Cornwall

I started by painting a layer of white gesso to seal the canvas. Once dry stencilled a texture  to add some depth. I added colour over the top with a range of Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals to create a beachy colour tone. I glued gauze to the canvas making sure that there were ridges that represented sand on the beach. Tip: make sure you glue to the sides and underneath so the the edges are part of the overall look. Once dry, I added a range of Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals to add colour to the gauze and blend in with the overall colour tones of the beach. 

Once dry, add netting. The original netting was dark green however I coated it in heavy white gesso to change the colour and and add some stiffness so that it will sit off the canvas and not lay flat. Glue on the netting  and made sure that it drapes over the edges to add texture to the sides. To add more texture, I added strips of heavy wool/jute across the middle of the canvas and adhered underneath. 

Add the timber shaped Dusty Attic Chipboard across the gauze and netting. I painted the chipboard pieces with a range of Dusty Attic paints and to add wind blown beachy look, used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks to take the flatness of the painted surface. 

Once all glued down, cover the photos with pieces of paper and flick watered down white gesso, Lindy Stamp Gang sprays - deep aqua colours. To finish off, add large and mini Art Stones in and around the chipboard pieces and netting. The art stones will look very white on the canvas. Use watered down Lindy Stamp Gang Clam Bake Beige Magicals and dabbed on the art stones. Leave to dry flat so that it doesn't run and dries on the art stones. 






































I have you enjoy and remember to leave me a comment on my blog:
https://rosaliescreativecafe.blogspot.com

For more inspiration and to join in with the Dusty Attic Mood board Challenge, go to the following blog:

http://dustyatticblog.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment