Saturday 28 July 2018

Mini Sewing machine - Altered Art - Patricia Basson - Mood Board Inspiration



Hello Dear Blogland friends...
Isn't this moodboard from Dusty Attic this month just absolute gorgeous? The perfect palette for all those that love the Bright Red and Teal colour schemes!

Now for me, this was completely out of my depth and thus a real "Challenge"... I was immediately drawn to the little red Sewing Machine, knowing that I had the perfect one to alter.

Ohhh, I can just hear some of you going crazy that I have taken a craft Sewing Machine to alter, but believe me, it has been sitting, hidden in my cupboard for years, un-used and un-love...Now at least it will take its rightful place on my displace shelve, glorified with my beloved Dusty Attic Chipboards....











My first steps were to give it a good sanding with sanding paper. Thereafter two thin layers of white Gesso. I then added White crackle paste and Art stones from Finnabair. Once it was dried overnight, I painted it with red Acrylic paint. Also Sprayed with Ruby Red Slippers Flat Fabio Spray form Lindy's Stampgang and Silver Glimmer Mist from K-Craft. All the knobs and needle mechanisms were covered with Dusty Rust Effect Paste from Finnabair. 

All my chipboard pieces were treated as follows....
I primed them with a layer of Gesso, Painted them with Metallique Light Patina Acrylic Paint. Sprayed them with Pearl Turquoise Light Mist by 13Arts. Also added a little random Blue Patina Effect Paste and Rusty Rust Effect Paste. Lastly I highlighted with White Gold Metallique Wax.





















Dusty Attic Chipboard is of such a high quality that one can easily wet it and bend it to fit over curved surfaces!





Just had to add a piece of Small Stitching chipboard to some textured cardstock...
Below is a before photo as well as one with the added textures.





I do hope you have enjoyed the transformation of my little Sewing Machine...
Please visit the Dusty Attic Blogspot to view more amazing Design Team projects!
And there is still more than enough time to enter your own take on our Moodboard and stand a chance of winning one of two $50 gift vouchers to spend in the Dusty Attic Store.












So much fabric, 
so little time!  
Or,
 sew much fabric, 
sew little time!  
~Author Unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment