Wednesday 8 March 2017

Autum - Patricia Basson



And just like that March...and Autumn has crept up on us. I have a fascination with Doors and Windows and have an album with the most amazing photos on Pinterest! Brace yourselves for some pages made using some of those in future...Besides the cat in this photo...I absolutly loved the distressed and ornate look of the wooden window pane and the colours are so fresh and beautiful. For my March DT post with Dusty Attic I used papers and flowers from the 49 and Market Vintage Artistry collection, Tattered and The Report.
















For the background treatment I used the following two Dusty Attic stencils, Bedazzled and Fan with Evergreen Bough, Ice Spruce and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. I swiped the sides of the paper through some watered down Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. I also swept pieces of white card-stock through the inks and used them as Die cut pieces behind my photo. I used  Grid Texture paste that I coloured with Lindy's Stampgang Magicals, Sassy Sapphire and T-Bird Turquoise through the Dusty Distressed Diamond Stencil. I added more colour with watered down Rust Mica Powder and Parthenay Artisan Powder. Splats were also added with the Finnabair Light Patina Metallique Paint and Artisan Powder.






































From the Dusty Attic store I used pieces from the Ornamental Trim set, they were gesso'd and painted with Finnabair Light Patina Metallique Paint and dry dusted with Artisan Powder, Parthenay. I was aiming to give them a weathered look to match the window! Also added some Seas the Day Prills.






























































































The two pieces of the Perforated Mesh were coloured using Lindy's Embossing Powders, C'est la vie Cerise and Desert Moon Turquoise.






These are the products used from the Dusty Attic Store...
































































































Thank you for taking the time to visit me....











At night,


 I open the window 


and ask the moon to come 


and press its face against mine. 


Breathe into me.


 Close the language-door 


and open the love-window. 


The moon won’t use the door, 


only the window. 


~Rumi~



1 comment: