Sunday 16 June 2013

'I Love Your Smile' Layout & 'Create Art' Collage ATC by DT Louise Collins

'I Love Your Smile' Layout
 
Hi Everyone!
Here is a layout I created using Dusty Attic Frames as a base for my design.
 
 
I painted the frames black using DA Acrylic paints and moved them around on my page until I was happy with the position of them. I chose one to hold my photo and printed a picture off in a size that would fit the frame.

 
The remaining four frames were backed with some patterned papers that I had already whitewashed and used a chicken wire mask and white paint on.

 
When all the frames were glued down into position on my page, I dripped some black ink using a pipette from under the bottom corner of the frames to look as if they were 'melting' and arranged loads of different flowers and vines around them.
 
 
'Create Art' Collage ATC
 
So this months ATC theme was 'Collage' and I am sure I was not the only one of the Dusty Attic DT that was stumped for a while on this one!
However, when I sat down with all my DA goodies around me, I couldn't help but think about the preschool collages we used to make using scraps and cut outs of magazines, paint, string and any other bits they had around.
So I decided to try to replicate this style...
 
 
I used DA smaller alphabets, corrugated card and a gorgeous leaf.
 
Lou Collins XX
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment