Sketch Challenges 2014

Friday, 11 January 2013

'Loading On the Texture with Dusty Attic Goodies!" by Gabrielle Pollacco - Gabrielle Pollacco DT


Photobucket
Hi everyone! It's me, Gabrielle!  For this layout I wanted to use a bunch of the newest goodies I got from Dusty Attic.  Did you know they now also have amazing paint and mixed media products?  As well as corrugated card and leaves and blossoms of all sorts?   For this layout that I scrapped of my youngest daughter Meagan eating ice-cream (in her usual messy way!)
 I used a whole bunch of Dusty Attic chippies (the NEW 'Flower Buds', 'Wrought Iron Fence', 'Birds Nests', 'Grass Cluster #1' and the 'Typwriter Font - ABC') and I painted them with lots of the new gorgeous shades of acrylic paint from DA (Bisque, Pesto, Navajo White, Hot Chocolate, Mountain Meadow) as well as using bits of the NEW Corrugated Card and Dusty Blossom's Leaves to accent the page.  Here are the products I used.... 
Photobucket Photobucket
I painted the 'Flower Buds' with the Hot Chocolate acrylic paint and then just roughly dabbed some Navajo White paint on them to give them a distressed look.  For the grasses, I gave them each a coat of white Gesso first then painted them with 'Bisque' and dry brushed some Mountain Meadow at the tips and bottom.  The 'Wrought Iron Fence' I again painted with the Hot Chocolate and hit it with a bit of Tim Holtz Antique Bronze Distress Stickles.  The alpha's were painted with the DA Pesto paint, dabbed with a little of the Bisque paint.  I added some Stardust Stickles and coated them with Tim Holtz Glossy Accents.   Here are some close-up views of my page... 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Another fun thing I did with the paints is that I took the Hot Chocolate acrylic paint added some water (about 1 part paint to 3 parts water) put it in a Dusty Attic Spritz Bottle (Yep, they make them too!) and used it as a spritz for the background design of my paper.....it worked really well, no clogging!).  And a final step I did was dry brushing some Navajo White paint over different areas of the page once I glued it all together (over the corrugated cardboard, the blooms, the chippies and cheesecloth and burlap), this gives the page a more over-all distressed look.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest Dusty Attic project as much as I enjoyed making it! 
Photobucket



3 comments: