Saturday 24 August 2024

Free Spirit - Pascale B Scrap

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed-media canvas. 


After priming the canvas with white gesso, I glued crumpled kraft paper to add texture. Next, I covered the paper with white gesso and added white crackle paste. I leave the canvas to dry naturally to allow the crackles to appear. I used black gesso and a lot of water to color the background.


I primed all the cog chipboards with black gesso. I embossed the Fans with a silver grunge embossing powder. I covered the Jumbo Cogs, Mini Cogs, Cogs and Gears, ... with Graphite paste, then black gesso. I highlighted the details with Old Silver wax.


To alter the Cog Cluster and the Insdustrial Border #2 I used an old tip. I covered the chipboards with white glue, then with black gesso. When heated, bubbles will appear and give the texture of wrought iron. I highlighted the details with Brushed iron wax. 


I primed the Leaves #5 and Mini Foliage #5 with white gesso. I used black and brown Distress Inks to color them.


I glued all the elements of the composition with a 3D gel. I added shadows around the composition with a mix of black and brown paints. 


To finish, I added silver glitter.


Dusty Attic products:
Other products:
  • Flowers - 49 and Market (Salt Wildflowers, Salt Florets);
  • Embossing Powder - Lindy's Gang (Chrome Doesn't Pay);
  • Art Ingredients - Finnabair Prima (Winter Glitter Set);
  • Art Alchemy Waxes - Finnabair Prima (Old Silver, Brushed Iron);
  • Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic - Finnabair Prima (Ink Jet, Burnt Sienna);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (White Crackle Paste, Graphite Paste);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, Black Heavy Gesso, 3D Gloss Gel).

No comments:

Post a Comment