Wednesday 3 May 2023

Everyday Moments - Michelle Van Oudtshoorn

Hello Dusty FANattics 

And here we are in May.... and a new month, means new projects! Have you seen the new releases over on the Dusty Attic website? Click on shop and click on what's new or there is also the new releases under that with March 2023. I have had the priviledge to play with some of these new releases, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

I have used a paper range from Scrapboys to create my layout. I prepared all my chipboard with white gesso. Everything but the butterflies and the title was painted using Dusty Attic in Colour Acrylic paint and other Acrylic paints. I have used water and the paint to colour in the chipboard pieces. With the Fairy Door (DA3486), I watered down my pink paint quite a bit before adding this to the door, giving it a pink tinge. When that was dry, I paint slightly darker stripes down the door, then sanded this down and then rubbed a brown ink pad slightly over the door. Once this was dry, I then sanded the whole door down slightly ... so that it gave it a antique look. After that, I then inked the edges of the door and the rock feature around the door. 
The door was adhered with foam tape for dimension and I was then able to add the chipboard leaves, rocks, and mushrooms to the flower cluster. I have used some of the smaller mushrooms, acorns and butterflies from the Magic Mushroom Cluster #5 (DA3482) 
The flower cluster on the left is created with the Magic Mushroom Cluster #3 (DA3480), making the cluster with fussy cut flowers, and the grasses, acorns, leaves and rocks from the cluster pack.
The title Everyday Moments (DA3434) and the butterflies were painted with Prima Alchemy Metallique Paint. 
I have also added some the mini bird cages to the layout paint these also with the same Prima paint
To finish off, I have added some little pearls over the flower clusters and the page.
I absolutely love the new fairy doors and mushroom collections that have been released, and with this there are some lovely forest ferns and mini gems and crystals. Go check it out :)

These are the products I have used:





Thanks for popping over to visit the blog today.

Hugs,
Michelle











No comments:

Post a Comment