Monday 6 March 2023

Today's memories are tomorrow's treasures - Kim Arnold - Video Tutorial

 

Hi everyone! Some pretty floral inspiration today from me.


I have created a soft pretty layout of my dog Violet when she was a puppy (she is now 9) using a beautiful Dusty Attic chipboard title, swirls and foliage. I will take you through what I have used and what techniques I applied.



Starting with the long title, I painted it with gold mica paint which covers the chipboard perfectly. I love the combination of different fonts in the title.




I love the different swirls patters in the Scroll set #2 and used them to peek out from under the photo and title. To colour these I painted them with a pale blue acrylic paint, and then added two colours of wax – a mid blue and dark blue – to create an ombre effect with the three different shades of blue.


I used two of the Foliage #26 pieces – cutting one of them into three pieces. I painted the berries gold and the branches beige. I then tucked them into the cluster of laser cut flowers on the right side of the photo to add a different texture to that embellishment cluster.





I then coloured the Daily #4 word (#thishappened) with an ombre effect using the same waxes as for the scrolls, but I did not paint the word first. The waxes work well to cover the chipboard – they do not have to have a paint layer first, so I just went for a mid to dark blue ombre. I love the effect that the waxes give as they have a beautiful luster.





There is a video available on my YouTube channel if you would like to see how I made this layout: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrdl3Dk67aE




I hope you have a chance to get some creative time in soon.

Happy scrapping
Kim x



Dusty attic products:

Todays Memories – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Scroll Set #2 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Foliage #26 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

Daily #4 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

No comments:

Post a Comment