Sunday 26 March 2023

Always & Forever Shrine - Amanda Herring


Hello There

I am back with my second Dusty Attic project for March  and I have used the ATC Shadow box to create a shrine.




I have used a series of cogs and Ornamental chippy pieces to turn my shadow box 
into a small ATC Shrine.
I love how the cogs and clock face give this piece the look of an old fashioned wall clock.



The paint colours are bright and I love the contrast between the ornamental shrine and the cogs and gears.


By cutting up the Ornamental Trim and Ornamental Pendants and spacing them around the ATC Shadow box gives a Mexican shrine effect.
Adding the winged frame to the front of the shadow box helps to add dimension to the piece.



Th picture above shows the beginning of how cutting up the Ornamental pieces give a shrine effect.



I painted a layer of gesso over the entire piece , once assembled, and then added some texture paste 
to fuse the pieces together and unifies all the layers of chippy.




Supplies Used: 

Dusty Attic Chippy 

ATC Shadow box DA0823F

Winged Frame Set DA1343

Ornamental Trim  #2 DA 1435

Ornamental Pendants #2 DA13650

Mini Cogs #3 DA3364

Jumbo Cogs #1 DA0232

Cogs #1 DA0001

Skeleton Clock Face DA1689


Golden Acrylic Paints:

Cobalt Teal

VanDyke Brown Hue

Titanium White

Quinacridone Nickel Azzo gold 

Smalt Hue 

Light Phthalo Green

Golden Gesso 

Golden modelling Paste 

Stamperia Mixed Media Glue 

Tim Holtz Mini People 

Tim Holtz Transparent Wings



Thanks for stopping by to have a look at my latest project 

Until Next Time 

Mandy x










No comments:

Post a Comment