Thursday 26 January 2023

From the Sea - Amanda Herring



Hello There

It is my turn to share an arty creation  for Dusty Attic
 and my second for this month.

I love shadow boxes projects and gave this one a vintage steampunk ocean theme Using the Marine Mechanical Chippy! 



I have used a wooden painting panel to collage on, but instead of working on the flat front surface I have turned it around and I have used the back,
 this gave me a nice sized shadow box and the wooden panel is nice and firm to work on unlike a stretched canvas.




To start, I have covered the base with Stamperia scrapbooking paper cutting strips to cover all sides 
of the frame as well as the base, I have used Mixed media glue to stick everything down and also applied two coats of the glue on top to seal the surface before adding crackle medium and colour.




Once dry I have added Clear crackle paste with a palette knife and left it overnight to dry naturally and then coloured using Vintage Antiquing paste also from Stamperia  as this really helped to age the colours in the paper background  as well as emphasise the crackle finish.




I have used acrylic paints on the mechanical fish chipboard pieces and the leaf branch. In used various different brands of paints including Sennelier, Dina Wakley and Paper Artsy. 




I used PVA glue to glue the fish and coral to the panel, building under the fish up with chippy scraps so that they are nice and stable.
I have added leafing flakes to the fish and Leafy frond  and Glossy accent to the eyes to finish off.



Supplies Used:
DA3365 Marine Mechanical Fish Large 
DA3356 Marine Mechanical Angler Fish Large 
DA058 Leafy Stem
DA1907 Coral #2

Stamperia Clear Crackle paste 
Stamperia Mechanical Seaworld Paper 
Stamperia Mix Media Glue
Stamperia Antiquing Paste 
Zig 2Way Glue 
Leafing Flake 

Acrylic Paint:
Sennelier Turquoise #341 and Raw Umber #205
Dina Wakley Syrup, Sedona, Ocean , Cheddar
Paper Artsy Baltic Blue ,  Squid Ink


Thanks for stopping by to see my latest project 

Until Next time 

Mandy x



No comments:

Post a Comment